Community Education Presentation Topics
1) CampaignZERO: Safe & Sound in the Hospital: Your Must-Have Checklists, Tools and Tips (CampaignZERO: Families for Patient Safety)
Many people are surprised to learn that… Common hazards in hospital care are the third leading cause of death in the US.
Highlights of this presentation include:
- The most common hospital hazards and cracks in care — and how you can help prevent them
- When to speak up and what to say when you’re worried about your loved one’s care
- What to expect that you’re not expecting in hospital care -- and how to prepare!
These topics and tips are relevant to people of all ages, especially to adults who care for older parents and seniors who have spouses and friends they help in a health crisis.
2) Talking With Your Doctor: Making the Most of Your 15 Minute Appointment
In the past, the patient‐doctor relationship was one‐directional—the doctor typically took the lead and the patient followed. Today, a good patient‐doctor relationship is a partnership. To make the most of this partnership, we'll talk about how to:
- Get ready for a doctor’s visit
- Have a successful conversation about your health concerns
- Make decisions together with your doctor
3) "What's Coinsurance?" Helping You Understand Your Health Insurance Policy
Health insurance is confusing! Research shows that people would rather do just about anything than shop for health insurance. Few people understand all the terms or know how to use their insurance in an optimal way. This presentation will review key terms and concepts to make you a better informed health insurance consumer.
4) Medicare: Understanding Your Coverage and Open Enrollment Options
We'll review the basics of Medicare, what you should think about in terms of fall open enrollment choices, and what questions you should ask an insurance broker. We'll also discuss a few tips for getting the most out of your Medicare coverage.
Past presentation locations:
- Wilmette Public Library, sponsored by North Shore Village
- Vernon Area Public Library. Lincolnshire
- Rotary Club of Northbrook
- North Suburban YMCA, Northbrook
- The Lodge, Northbrook
- The Homestead, Morton Grove
- Patty Turner Senior Center, Deerfield
- Park Plaza, Chicago